Weather wanted to derail me - Izunna Arnest Uzochukwu



Izunna Arnest Uzochukwu (born 11 April 1990) is a Nigerian professional football midfielder who currently plays for Norwegian side Aalesund.

When he was asked about the weather on his first visit to Denmark.
"I travelled when it was winter , the cold was much and one of my mind was telling me to go back to Nigeria then the other told me to stay here and focus on my career ".

"On my first training , I was shocked seeing people wearing close to 5 clothes , so i followed them and I put on my head warmer and i had to run as much as possible to get warm , if you wait for a minute you will get cold".

"Now I am very okay , and I have adapted to the weather and travelled to other cold countries, Russia, China , Norway , I just have to say thank God that I followed my mind".


When he was also asked about playing for Nigeria.
He said "Ever since I was a kid , my mom wanted me to play for the super eagle's , When I was at Russia , in 2015, Sunday Oliseh called me , immediately I called my mom and I will appreciate the call up and experience".

Popular Posts