Ozil on not taking a pay cut... and his future


Photo: Arsenal FC

Mesut Ozil has reiterated his intention to see out his contract at Arsenal and hinted his absence from the team may have been caused by refusing to take a pay cut.


The German is into the final year of his £350,000-a-week contract and Arsenal are keen to offload him this summer and ease the burden of his wages.

Ozil, however, wants to stay at the club despite not playing a minute of action since football returned back in June.

“My position is clear,” Ozil told The Athletic. “I’m here through to the last day of our agreement and I’ll give everything I have for this club.

“I showed in the past that I can come back into the team and I will show it again. I’ll decide when I go, not other people.

“I didn’t sign for two or three years, I signed for four and that should be respected by everyone.”

Comments

Popular Posts