Leeds complete Rodrigo deal


Photo: Getty Images

Newly-promoted Leeds have finally completed the signing of Rodrigo Moreno from Valencia.

The Spanish forward, 29, has put pen to paper on a four-year deal at Elland Road after passing a medical and signs for a club-record fee believed to be in the region of £26m.

"For me I’m really happy and very excited to join the club, this is an important season for all of us, coming back to the Premier League” Rodrigo told Leeds' official website.

“I’d like to thank everyone for their messages on social media, the club, the president Andrea Radrizzani and Victor Orta for their efforts.

“For me this is a new step in my career and I want to help the team achieve the goals of the season.

“Leeds have been working for almost two weeks on this deal with Valencia and from the first time Victor talked to me, I knew I wanted this new challenge with Leeds, a historic club.

“Of course Marcelo Bielsa is one of the best coaches in football at this moment, he has done important things at different clubs and I’m excited to learn from him, improve my football with hard work and teamwork and I hope we can do important things this season.

“My first experience of the Premier League was with Bolton in 2010, which was my first season in a top division and it was a nice experience.

“I was very young in that moment, nowadays I am a better player, a much more complete player than I was and I’m really excited to come back to the Premier League.”

Comments

Popular Posts