INBOUND A short story by Umar Yakubu


Frank is a fresh graduate, he already vowed not to date agauk unless he his ready for marriage , what made him made the vow was due to numbers of heartbreaks he has gone through, but all that was trown into a waste bin as he found Bimpe at his friends saloon , they shared everything, it was tough at first but in due time the relationship was as sweet as a honey , Frank broken heart was mended by Bimpe. Both parents was aware of their relationship which made it more relaxed .
2 years walked away, and their relationship grow and grow , thier social networking sites are always flooded with thier pictures . On a sunny Monday Bimpe got to work in her Toyota Camry, as she saw a letter of promotion on her table , "YES!!" she said aloud as she continues reading ,
"......you will travel to North Dakota to complete a course , good bye" she read aloud as she felt nostalgia , he first taught about Frank , how will he feel and what will he think.
" Well I'm doing it for our future ni" she said as she placed a call through her parents to tell them about her travelling and promotion , which there where all glad and thank God about it.

On a Saturday evening , she went to Frank house unannounced , he saw him watching football with his friends which she urged them to go inside to talk .
" I have two news , firstly I have gained promotion and secondly I would be going to North Dakota to complete a course required it is just a 5 months course (she lied it's 1 year ) " she said giving him a hug
"Wow!! It's nice , .....but we will have to do something , I can't stay a day without seeing you"  he said as he go bring a wine
" I know but I'm doing this for us" she said as she collects the wine from him
" Let's get engaged before you go ?, You know America can be so deadly , but seeing ring in your hand wikkn chase them away ....please " he said
"So you don't trust me after all this year's , I am disappointed ........"
"Sorry dear ...it's only that...."
" It's fine " she said as they both had a nice time and she went back to her place .

Months past this time she was in North Dakota , but the media made everything easy they do FaceTime every night and call every day , Frank spend most of his leisure time on her social networking sites page looking at her post , she hasn't been posting in a while which made Frank a little bit calm. He also went to thier house sometimes to get goods for her parents . Days past and she stopped taking to Frank, no video calls , no long phone calls , and she has started posting with her new friends , she posted a picture of herself and a guy very intimate on her Instagram page which made Frank annoyed but she always say he is a course mate , that was the last time they communicated , Frank understood her and  focus on his job . It's 5 Months already and Frank called her
" Bimpe , I have a surprise for you , I know you are coming back this month ,I have already go get a ring , I will propose to you at the airport , can't wait to see you dear " he said
" Frank i I'm sorry , the course is a year course,sorry , we will wait for 7 months again will catch ya! Latter bye!" She said without waiting for response from Frank
" But she said ...... anyways "
After that call Bimpe blocked him on all social networking sites and hardly picks his calls , which made Frank very weak and hardly concentrate in his work place, he was almost fired when he wrote #5,000,000 instead of #500,000 , but that did not made the girl unblock him , he go tell her parents but there said in little time 7 months will pass and she will be his forever
"Ojo Jan no lo ma dΓ©, ti aba da igba ojo Ijo kan no lo ma di ( she will come definitely, 100 days will eventually come )" her mom said to him.

 He continued showing love (Indian giver) without receiving both to her and her parents, don't even do for his parents.   like play like play he 7 months past and he called her lover again
"When will you be coming back?"
" Let me not lie , I don't know ,I can spend 7 or 8 more years , I have seen a well paid job her " she said
"Ah ! 7 years bawo! Do you want to kill me ? You don't want me to have children ?Pls come back " he said
" You can find another person, if you really want kid , good bye , I love you " she said and hangs up .
"I'm done " he siad as he went to bed

Popular Posts