Rainy Friday evening.(short story)

 




It was a rainy Friday evening, as a heavy  thunder lightning lightening the the road, the rain was so heavy that it could flush a whole house. “I pray for the homeless...this cold will kill anybody forming Bruce Lee” said Pascal,  as he stands up from his 17 inches bed. There was a heavy downpour for close to six hours. He left work at 5 evening and headed home in the rain, he had no other option , since getting home he could barely find sleep.


Time check , Time Check! “It’s 7 already, and there’s no  chance of the cold going down, and no a premier league game today , this tea is even making me colder” he said as he put the cup down and grabbed his phone and called his girlfriend , “Hey babe” he greeted.

“How are you?” Alisha asked  

“I’m not fine , the cold want to kee me” He said , with cracky voice 

“Ehya! , drink hot tea”

“It’s not helping, it’s only you that can help babe” he said smiling.

“Okay, I cant come babe, my dad is around “ she said with a low voice. Hearing this, his heartbeat increased and his body freezes the more.“You are mad “he said in his mind. “Is everything alright?” She asked this and bright him back to his senses. 

“I’m fine, Goodnight I will sleep like that”. He said as he cuts the call, without waiting for her to reply. He dropped his phone angrily and jumped on the bed, and he wrapped himself with duvet. Shortly... he heard a knock.


“Knock! Knock!! Knock!!. He jumped up, with taught running through his minds, “Is it this babe , she loves to surprise me”, he rushed to the door and open it with a wide smile, in seconds the smile turned to a face of pain. “Watin Dey, pascal” Asked Mutie accompanied by two of their buddy. Mutie is pascal’s best friend and colleague at work. ...”you no go open door for me....let me come inside “ He said 

“Hey bro! You came at the wrong time ,I was about to sleeep”

“Sleep ke!, go get dress let’s go out, Today is Barrister birthday, and he invited me, let’s go” he said giving him a friendly tap. 

“Ehn ehn, bro I no go , I need to go do workout tomorrow, and .....” Mutie cuts him short “ Cold go just kill you , go get dress let’s go and again we will go to the gym together tomorrow” they said as he jumped up and go change. 


Pascal came out in a black jeans, and a plain shirt and a jean jacket and a black google making him looking like Neymar. And he joined the rest buddy and they went to the party. “God Save me , I will just drink and drink, I will not cheat on my babe, I love her, and this party babe go choke” he said in his mind. The heavy sound of breaks brought him back to life, “let’s get started “ Mutie said as he waved the 4 edgy ladies which will be their partner for the night. “You for you, you for you, you for you .....” pascal cuts him short, I’m okay , my babe is inside.  Mutie gave him a bad look and continue.”.... well, since he said no , then I will have you 2 for myself.” He said as they danced into the lousy hall. It was a mighty hall, filled with many people that one can get lost on there. Barrister is a local government aspirant, so good and bad, touts and gentlemen were present in the hall. In the Far East of the hall, there was a short man covered  by so many girls  in a special corner, no doubt he’s a vip, he’s guided by 3 dark,bad looking and hefty bouncers.  Pascal was offered a whiskey by Mutie as he ushered them to where they will sit. On their way there, they saw Barrister and they went to say hi. “Our Barrister!” Hailed Mutie as he stretched his hand.

“Mutie welcome ,  I’m glad you came “ he said in a cool voice.

“This are my friends “ he said pointing to his buddies.

“You guys are my VIP’s come here”He said as they both walked through the bouncers  and got to the  l son of a renowned politician and a friend of Barrister Mike, who is brief, as they all are shaking him, a shout came from Pascal. “Ahh!! Alisha...Alisha what are you doing here” he shouted.

“Hey , why are you shouting” said Mutie facing him.

“Alisha, how did you know we would be coming here in the VIP?” Mutie asked Alisha. Alisha who is still entangled with Mr. Cocker.

“Sit joor” said Mutie

“Who is this” asked Mr. Cocker 

“He’s a neighbor, but don’t know why he’s screaming “ Alisha said with a high voice.

“ Me!!....” he said pointing at his chest,and wanting to go get her , he was covered by bouncers, but Barrister ordered them to leave him. 

“Thanks sir” he said as he walked out of the hall tired, cold, weak and alone. He boarded a bike taxi and slept cold. 


Comments

Popular Posts